The Project ENRICH Staff would like to thank you for your support and participation in the Career Showcase on January 10. The untimely fire alarm that went off was a challenge but the collective group persevered through it. It is a team effort to make this event a reality and I want to thank Ms. Yolanda Hicks for her hard work. Here are some items we need your input:
1. Parents and Students please provide feedback (positive or negative) of the event, firstname.lastname@example.org. We need your feedback to shape continuous process improvement of this event.
2. Students and parents please provide some professionals you would like to see in the next showcase.
3. As a follow up to the Career Showcase, Ms. Hicks has made arrangements for a Follow Up visit with Ultra Electronics 3eTI. Mr. Benga was excited to present to students and is providing an opportunity for more detailed information with respect to Cybersecurity, Information Technology and Computer Science. The company is located in Rockville, Maryland. This is the initial data call to recruit students to attend the STEM worshop at Ultra Electronics (Rockville). This will be conducted during a school day, a date or the hours have not been determined. More logistics to follow. We are looking for students specifically interested in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or Cybersecurity. The invite is for all high school students. We are looking for Sophomores and Juniors but will take advanced Freshmen. I will work with Ms. Hicks to get a flyer to circulate. Mr. Benga is a very serious businessman, we welcome the opportunity afforded us and Project ENRICH Staff desire to bring enthusiastic students to the workshop interested in STEM (IT, Engineering, Computer Science and Cybersecurity).
4. February 14, yes Valentine's Day, is our next session of Project ENRICH. We will have a portion of the session dedicated to Black History. It is our goal to have panels consisting of our students discussing issues that affect our youth. Stay tuned, I will be making calls to look for volunteers or draft students.
5. All students should be engaged in some phase of drafting their respective essays. Please put some time and energy into the essay. Utilize all resources to draft the essay. Your English teachers, parents, counselors or Team Leads can provide valuable feedback and proofread. We expect a high level of writing.